- I love engaging with people on the topics I write about. I write about what I care about, so having a conversation about it too, is a bonus.
- Since there are people behind the comments, I need you to be respectful. Treat others the same way you would like to be treated. If you’re a masochistic person, treat people like most of the world would like to be treated.
- Use your real name. If you don’t want to use your real name, use an alias. Use an honest alias, and not a keyword driven alias. You know what I mean, and you know I’ll recognize it and delete it. You are allowed however to add your site or brand, provided you use your real name first! So “Widget blog” is not allowed, but “John Doe – Widget Blog” is allowed.
- Do not link to a shabby domain. You know what I mean. If the comment is good, the domain will get deleted. If the comment sucks, it will be deleted entirely.
- There are no follow links to be earned. You’ll get traffic if you make an impact on the readers, so contribute quality instead of rubbish.
We can all do without the spammers. We all recognize who you are, even if you think you can outsmart us. You can’t. Give it up. Go away!